by Ann McCampbell, MD

Published in the Encyclopedia of Pest Management, 2002

Edited by David Pimentel, Cornell University

“Almost all pesticides are toxic and pose some health risks to everyone.  There are, however, a growing number of people who react adversely to pesticides at levels far below those that cause symptoms in the average person.  For these pesticide-sensitive people, exposures to even minute amounts of insecticides, herbicides, and other pesticides can trigger severe symptoms and prolonged ill health.”

Click to read the entire article (Opens as a pdf file in separate window. Close the window to return to this page.)